Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ladybird (Ladybug) -- The Coccinellidae

Ladybird (Ladybug)

The Coccinellidae are a family of small beetles, ranging from 1 to 10 mm (0.04 to 0.4 inches). They are commonly yellow, orange, or scarlet with small black spots on their wing covers, with black legs, heads and antennae. Such color patterns vary greatly, however; for example, a minority of species, such as Vibidia duodecimguttata, a twelve-spotted species, have whitish spots on a brown background. Coccinellidaes are found worldwide, with over 5,000 species described,more than 450 native to North America alone.

 

Text Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coccinellidae

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

17 comments:

  1. I love when we can get a glimpse of nature like this, up close. My coaching shirt this season is highlighter yellow, and it seems to attract a lot of ladybugs! I'm definitely going to follow this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macro work like this is fascinating to me personally. Kudos for being patient enough to compose for just the right shot. I'm curious about the lens you used and if you utilized a close-up filter and/or extension tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shot! Love the color and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up, yup this paragraph is truly pleasant and I have learned lot of things from
    it concerning blogging. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not my first time to pay a quick visit this site, i
    am visiting this web page dailly and obtain good facts
    from here all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that is one of the such a lot important
    info for me. And i'm satisfied studying your article.

    But want to statement on few basic things, The website taste is
    great, the articles is actually great : D. Excellent process, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.

    I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up, I read your blog regularly. Your writing style
    is witty, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete